Thursday, July 19, 2007

Room Transition

I’m back at work today. It’s getting harder not easier to be here. I wish I had a lot of money and could take a year off work. People here depend on me to be on my game. Unfortunately I am a lead which requires more than just showing up and building software. I plan, communicate, collaborate, etc, etc. I lead new ideas and champion change. When I’m not gutted with grief I seem to do ok with that. But I just don’t have the heart for it today. Some days I just want to be left alone. I guess it’s like my father taught me when I was 6 or 7 years old. “Son,” He said, “want in one hand and shit in the other and tell me which one is heaver.” Funny how some things stick with you.

I didn’t get much done compared to what I wanted done but I got done what I needed done. Make since? I have all of Carol’s clothes out. The dresser and other items are out in the garage. I still need to move the old bed either to the new location in the room or get the guest bed out and move it to the guest bedroom. Still need to go buy new bedroom stuff. And I still need to paint. Brandi said I should paint and decorate around a piece of art. So I went online and bought the Snowstorm by Turner.

I was going to try and make up hours again like I did last week but have decided to just eat the vacation hours and take it easy. Next week I’m going to try and work a normal week and keep doing that from week to week. I have no more travel or other obligations the require days off anymore so I should be able to keep things right. A 53 hour week is hard for me right now.

So, take care everyone. I’m going to take a few days off from blogging, so if you don’t see anything for the next few days, please come back next week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kelly,
I just reread today's entry. As you know when I first read it this morning, I didn't quite understand the whole "Snowstorm" thing, but now I realize that hope comes in so many forms... new hobbies, friends, plans, dreams, travels, and now art. Allowing others to guide you on the path when you can't see the road ahead is what makes you so cool. I can't wait to see the picture...
Love ya.
Cambria