Thursday, July 5, 2007

Cousin Merle

Cousin Merle is a cousin to Carol. Carol loved Merle very much and made sure she could spend as much time with her as she could. Merle was a constant pillar of strength and support for Carol. Merle never looked the other way when things got hard. She always stood strong through the hard times and laughed during the good ones.



Since Carol's death Cousin Merle has continued to show me the same dedication and support she gave Carol. Merle has been the one true source of encouragement and strength though my difficult times. I love you Merle, I don't think I would have been able to make it through this without your love and support.



Cousin Merle gave me a Poem and I would like to post it. I'll quote the author and hope I don't get turned into the DCMA police this time:



Miss you, miss you, miss you;
Everything I do
Echoes with the laughter
And the voice of You.

You're on every corner
Every turn and twist,
Every old familiar spot
Whispers how you're missed.

Miss you, miss you, miss you!
Everywhere I go
There are poignant memories
Dancing in a row.
Silhouette and shadow
Of your form and face
Substance and reality
Everywhere displace.

Oh, I miss you, miss you!
God! I miss you, Girl!
There's a strange silence'
Mid the busy whirl
Just as tho' the ordinary
Daily things I do
Wait with me, expectant
For a word from You.

Miss you, miss you, miss you!
Nothing now seem true
Only that 'twas heaven
Just to be with You.


--by David Cory

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a gift Cousin Merle is, indeed -- And what a gift the poem she shared with you (and now you with us) is. It's amazing how a few words put together become poetry; and how those few words distill all that is awhirl around and within the heart into its purest essence. I hope that somehow, some way, these words bring you communion with all those who have gone before you and share this journey; and that in that communion, you'll not feel betrayed that life on earth continues, in spite of the heart's wrenching loss. It's a mixed bag, to say the least -- Deep and abiding love; the passing of the one so loved; and Life continuing to beckon, as if it's "just" another day. Loneliness; mystery; epiphanies ... What a mix!

Keep writing, Kelly -- We're all watching the beautful, tender blossom unfolding.

~Kim

Anonymous said...

Hey Kelly,

Thanks for the kind words. I certainly didn't expect to see my name on your blog!

You've been fighting the good fight through your grief, winning some and losing some, but always moving forward. That's all you can do right now. You can't skip any of the steps, unfortunately. It's not allowed!

Cousin Merle

Anonymous said...

Kelly,

I've just re-visited Cathy Martinet's website and am always deeply moved by her writings, as well as those of her husband. I know Carol felt such a kinship with Cathy, and that she so appreciated Cathy's exquisite expression.

I'd like to share a quote that Cathy posted, in honor of her beloved husband. I know that this is the same state of the heart that you and Carol shared, as well:

From Lao Tzu: "To love someone deeply gives you strength; to be deeply loved by someone gives you courage."

You both exemplified this together, beautifully; and you continue illuminating it through this journey.

Namaste,
~Kim

Anonymous said...

I think helping you is helping my Mom also. She's a great person and I am proud to call her my Mom.

Take care,
Carrie