Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Collection Consultant Association

Allow me to introduce to you the lowest form of humanity. They are called the Collection Consultant Association. What they do is take billing discrepancies and send letters to people. Because the have "Collection" in the name people respond out of fear. At first they seem to be helpful and request insurance information. But they have no interest in billing the insurance or they will bill the insurance but not tell you they have and continue to demand full payment. I did some research on them with the BBB. The BBB has given them a rating of "F". This is the worst rating a business can get.

Lucky for me "The Fair Debt Collection Practices Act protects consumers from unfair collection tactics. If you have received a call or a billing for a debt which is unfamiliar to you, check your records carefully before paying the amount. Ask the company to provide proof of the debt. If they fail to do so, you are not required to pay the debt. "

So far they have only provided obscure dates but not specific details of treatment not paid for. I have sent them a letter stating I have filed a complaint with the BBB. Also that I am going to deal with CHOC directly on this issue and that if I receive any more letters or phone calls I'm going to consult the local District Attorney.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ay-ay-ay... I have to agree with you about the lowest form of humanity! It's disgusting to prey on people's fears. I'm glad you're not just going to take it. You may just be helping many other people at the same time.

Hugs,

Shan :+)

Anonymous said...

...as if you didn't have enough to deal with...
Cambria