Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Red Moon Over Seattle

On the flight returning from Seattle I saw the most amazing thing. The Moon was blood red as it came up over the horizon. I was struck by the beauty of it. I felt like it was a ‘Thank You’ from god. Thank you for being true to your feelings and having the courage to continue living.

“Throw me in the shallow water before I get to deep?”

So I went to Bremerton. I left Thursday. The flight was supposed to leave at 5:30 but didn’t leave until 7ish. So it was a long wait. When we got to the airport and got our luggage I looked at the car rental lines. Every rental line was open except for one. And that one had a long line. Yep, god is going to be having lots of fun with me this weekend. So I stood in line and waited. Brandi went outside to have a smoke and made best friends with Brian. Brian is from Portland and only gets a 10 min break every 10 hours. We got the car and off we went to Bremerton via the Narrow’s Bridge.

We arrived at Bremerton around 9:30 and got to see my ex just as they finished the game. Both she and her partner were wet from being out in the rain. So it turns out it was good that we where late or we would have been soaking wet from the rain. We all had dinner got through the “who are you?” kind of talk between the ones who did not know each other.

The rest of the trip was great. I got to see some old friends Friday night. Saturday we all went over to Seattle and paid respects to the Holy Land by buying a cup of coffee at the original Starbucks at Pike’s Market. Then walked to where my son works and had pizza. After we retuned to Bremerton we went to my ex’s house on Sat and watched The Breakfast Club. We drove her daughter crazy with saying the lines to the movie. On Sunday Brandi and I went back to Seattle on the ferry and went all through Pike’s. We ended the day by having lunch at Kell’s and Irish pub.

The flight back was spent between reflecting on the events over the weekend and what the future holds for me. I have been doing better. I have long moments of peace. The guilt of being at peace is getting less and less.

This weekend is the last leg of the month long weekend events. I’m going to Palm Springs to hang out with friends. I’ll post more before then.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you had a good time in Seattle. I think you know best what helps you to make it through each day, and making these efforts by reconnecting with people you have known and have common ground with sounds like a perfect way to keep moving forward. I hope you continue to have many more great days than not so great ones, and that your new happy memories of friends and trips help keep any sad memories that you have from becoming overwhelming. Carol would want you to move on and be happy. You will never forget the love you two shared, but you have many more years to live and they should be filled with as much joy and happiness as your heart can hold.
Take care,
Carrie