Monday, July 9, 2007

And Finally…

…a good dream. But before I share about the good dream I want to share the bad one.

Carol would scream my name. As soon as I heard it I knew what was wrong. I would jump up, run to the oxygen, turn it up to max output and run to the bathroom. She would be standing there coughing up blood. I would put the air on her and tighten up behind her head to keep it in place. Then we would wait for it to get worse or stop. Wait… wait… wait…

I have been waking up at night after hearing her scream my name. I would wake up eyes wide open, my heart racing, and start to jump out of bed before the effects of waking up would kick in. Just before I would get out of bed I would realize it was a dream. I would lie down again and wait to relax. Wait… wait… wait…

Last night I had a different dream. We sat in the kitchen for hours and talked. The sad part is I can’t remember details of what we talked about. I can only guess and my guess will be from a strictly self-centered point of view. But I have a strong feeling that we talked about how I am doing. I believe she was telling me she is happy with how I’ve been doing and approves of the people I have decided to hang out with. I remember I was saying something and for some reason walked out of the kitchen into the entry way. When I didn’t hear her response I turned to look back in the kitchen. She was gone. I looked around and started calling her name but then remembered she is gone. I woke up feeling happy. Finally, a good dream.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing this, Kelly -- Both the good dream and the bad one. It makes the good one all the sweeter. I'd say you've had a wonderful visitation.

~Kim

Anonymous said...

:+)