Monday, November 26, 2007

Post Holiday Part 1

Well, Thanksgiving has come and gone. It seems for some strange reason, it turns out that I'm feeling a lot of pain today. I have started to hear her voice again or see her around the house. When I do it feels like a half inch steal spike with the point cut off is put up against my chest. Someone takes a 5 pound sledge and hammers it into my chest. The pain is so great it takes my breath away for a moment. I have to pause to catch my breath and thoughts. I thought I was done with the physical pain. Guess not.

Brandi got out of the hospital on Wednesday before Thanksgiving. On Thanksgiving at 6am, her father died.

I went to Anaheim to hang out with friends for the weekend. It was ok. Lots of people and all. I started getting sick on Saturday. The kind of sick where the back of your throat hurts and it moves up and down taking the pain with it. I had to go to bed around 9 or 10pm on Saturday night. Didn't sleep at all and finally got all my stuff and went home around 7am. Had a hard day and night. Got up still feeling like shit, called into work to tell them I wasn't going to make it and then started feeling better. Oh well.

For the most part, I got through Thanksgiving ok. I just wasn't ready for the Post Holiday pain. Odd...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kelly,
Sometimes "getting through" IS the goal. I can't imagine anyone losing someone as dear to them as Carol was to you and expecting all occasions to be joyous ones. You are showing up as best you can as often as you can.

It was GREAT seeing your face and hanging with you on Saturday. I was really looking forward to that happening. I'm glad you waited to get really sick until after we had our time. For all of you that haven't seen Kelly lately, suffice to say that even if he doesn't feel good, he looks good! :)
Love, Cambria