Monday, November 19, 2007

Hospitals and Death

Brandi is in the hospital. A friend of mine died Friday night driving home on his Harley Davidson. It’s difficult to feel good about some of the things going on in my life while there is so much tragedy.

I played my first 18 holes of golf on Saturday. I played with a good friend from the job I used to have and will be returning to in December. I played the week before with the same person but we played 9 holes. This time we decided to try 18. For the most part, I suck. So does the person I played with. So we don’t have a problem with how bad we are. On Sat we had to play with another couple. They where good at driving the ball but sucked at the short game and putting. I had a few good drives as well as a few good long putts. Physically, I seem to be doing well through all of this. Only a little sore on Sunday.

Brandi has pneumonia. It was weird going into San Antonio again. She is on the third floor. The same floor Carol was on when she was in ICU. She is in a room I walked by every time I came and went from the hospital. Brandi is not doing well.

John was a friend of mine. We hung out on Friday night. I gave him a hug just before he got on his bike. An hour later I got a call some one tired to do a U-turn and hit him head on. He was DOA at the hospital.

This week is all about getting to Thursday. I might go diving on Thursday. Then I’m staying at a hotel in Anaheim till Sunday. On Thursday I plan to have a grilled cheese sandwich.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What an awful time for you, Kel. I wish you did not have to lose a good friend and have another so sick... I hope Brandi recovers quickly.

And I hope you have the best damned grilled cheese ever! Don't use Kraft though, they use genetically modified foods.

As for the golf... what can be said? The only thing I know is that there are a lot of bad golfers out there (I've been a hole sitter at a few tournies).

Much love,

Shan :+)