Thursday, November 8, 2007

Help

I have a problem. See, there is this ‘thing’ that happens towards the end of December. It’s a big event and lots of festive feelings are abound. I would prefer not to participate. A good friend has recommended going on travel during this time. Especially the first one. The problem is I don’t know what to do. Should I travel overseas? Should I travel local? Should I go on a Dive trip or a Ski trip? The problem with a dive trip is I will be by myself. I would be asking to join other people who probably don’t want to share their expensive vacation with a pathetic grieving man. If I go on a ski trip, then again, I’m alone. If I stay home, well, that may not be good either.

Oh, and by the way: I am not participating in the holidays at all this year. People have felt that they should invite me over for ‘this’ or ‘that’. I just wanted to let everyone know that I’ve decided to not participate at all in any of the holidays this year. So for all of you who are, I wish you the best.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Kel,

If you're going to travel to kick out the old year, don't worry about joining in on somebody else's vacation. It's your vacation, too! One of our friends does a lot of rafting trips. He always goes alone and he meets people who have come with families, as couples, as "the guys" and even other people who have come alone. He's not out of place, and you won't be either.

I've put in a call to one of my friends whose husband goes diving all over the place (including local and overseas). When I hear back from her, I'll forward any suggestions or information I get.

Much love (and no invitations, I swear),

Shan :+)