Saturday, June 14, 2008

Paris Part 2

I'll start with my journey getting here. I had a general idea of where the hotel was and from my experience so far of traveling through London, Lisbon, Berlin, and Amsterdam thought I would be ok getting to my hotel in Paris. BZZZZZ!!!! Wrong! As it turns out, no one in the country of France speaks English and are more than willing to tell anyone that fact in French. My attempts to ask for help or direction resulted in several people shaking their heads and waving me off. I found a both where I assumed I could buy at ticket and was able to do so. While I put up the paper of the name of the town I needed to go to all I was able to get out of her reply was "E". I assumed it meant the letter E for the subway. So, off I went to the letter "E". When I saw all the stops on the subway line, none looked anything like what I was looking for. I figured I was supposed to take "E" to another place and then transfer to another train. Shit.

The brilliant mind that I have thought I should get a map. Feeling better I got one. One that did not have my town on it.... But I was able, somehow, to see where I was and guessed at the next station to get off at. To make a long story short, I somehow found my station to transfer to the train to the name of the town I needed to be at. Next was finding my hotel. I had the name of the street on a paper and you would think even if I don't speak French and No One speaks English I could simply show my street name on the paper and they could simply "point" to the direction I needed to go. BZZZZ!!!! Wrong! If they hear English they are trained in school to speak rude words to you in French and wave your hands and walk away. Somehow I found a map on a billboard on a street corner and found my street which resulted in finding my hotel. The receptionist at the hotel must be some kind of freakish outcast among the French people. I felt pity on him. He spoke English.

Kel

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maybe you should have worn your gay white shirt and got better results.......lol

For the Horde! Brudda



Spawnie