Saturday, June 21, 2008

The End of this Journey



I'm at the end of this month long Journey. I'm at the airport hanging out getting ready for my plane trip home.

Looking back at my Journey what do I have to say that can summarize everything? Did I have a life changing moment? Did I meet a beautiful European woman and fall in love? Did I have moments of peace and joy? Bottom line, was it worth it?

I have been thinking again about this blog and when to end it. My life is not defined by my loss or my grief. My loss has been the most profound event in my life. It rocked the very foundation of my soul. It is not unusual to document this process and this Journey. But my life is not defined by a single event. At some point I must put aside the past and take a step into the unknown without regret or reservation. During my travels here in Europe I've thought a lot about bringing this blog to an end.

I'm not sure when but it will end soon. The problem is I have come to enjoy writing about myself and my experiences. I know that sounds very self centered and egotistical. I don't mean it that way. I have just enjoyed thinking about things that happened to me and how I would write them on my blog. I like wondering if people read it and what they think about what I write. It is hard to give that up. I could start another blog but I'm just not sure right now. I'm grateful there is no urgency in making my decision. I just wanted to share with everyone that this blog will end.

I'm just not sure when.

Kel

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

A door closes, and another door opens. Whether it's the ending of your blog, or an increased awareness in the walk of Life here and now, it's all good ... Welcome back home.

Kim

Anonymous said...

Hi Kelly,

Sounds like you had quite a trip. You'll figure out the success of it all later on, but, just think of all the memories you'll have.

I think your decision to end your blog is really a decision to go forward with your life, ready to find what the future holds for you. It's a good decision, but take your time. We all enjoy reading your thoughts!

Cousin Merle

Anonymous said...

NO!!!!!! If not for your blog, I wouldn't know what's going on with you!

cbt