Thursday, June 5, 2008

Next Stop Amsterdam

I'm off to Amsterdam tomorrow for two days. Then I leave for Paris Monday morning. I looked around and found a room 1.5 North of Paris for 10 days for $1600. That's not bad is it? I have a nice room with my own bathroom and high-speed internet at no extra cost.

I figured that I wanted to spend a significant amount of time at one place. It seems just as I get to know my way around I'm off to the next place. I thought it would be nice to stay in one place long enough to know my way around. I think Paris would be a good place for that. I might be able to take day trips around France and have a place to come back to at night. I might be able to take a day trip to Normandy and see things there. I would really like to see the D-Day landing areas.

Kel

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Kelly,hows it?This is a once in a lifetime trip,stop complaining about money,you cant take it with you when you die!Before you pay for the whole stay in Paris, theres a place i've stayed thats reasonable in Montmartre.Its a Comfort inn on Rue Abbesses in the neighborhood below the Basilique de Sacre Coeur.Its right down Rue Abbesses when you come out of the RER hole.The line from Gare du Norde is the RER D (green) Head toward Pigalle (red light dist)next off is Abbesses.Its in the middle of the block where all the cafes' & businesses are.Good home base for traveling Paris & reasonable too.Don't get too far out of the action,not worth it.Speak your best French & they'll work with you.Might try lying about havin a reservation,they'll fit you in.Work it!the girls do.If you need any more info,don't hesitate to contact me,Anthony.PS if you get to Montmarte theres great jazz cafes near the Sacre Couer & don't forget Musee D'orsay you won't regret it