Monday, June 30, 2008

eHarmony

So, I broke down and signed up and created an account on eHarmony. I figured I'm ready to start meeting people and have coffee, talk, etc, etc. This Saturday I was missing having someone to simply go to a movie with or hang out. I was trying to think of who I could call..... no one. (sigh) Rather than feel sorry for myself I thought I'd do something about it. Put myself out there and see what happens!

Oh man was I wrong. They need to put a disclaimer on the site when you sign up and pay your money that your first contact with someone is going to be rejections. Within less than 24 hours I get three rejections! I didn't even get a chance to say "hello" and I get the door slammed in my face! Nice way to start out. In all fairness, I would prefer to have someone say they are not interested from the beginning and save a lot of time and effort. There is nothing worse in the character of a person who leads someone on to think there might be potential for a relationship knowing full well that they have no intention at all of doing anything. I think it is quite awful for a person knowing that to take advantage and use that person for everything they can get. A person like that, in my opinion, is a very ugly person. So I'm grateful that the woman that have started to reject me, without meeting me, are doing so from the beginning.

Should I continue to weather the rejections? How long should I hang in there?

Kel

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kelly,

One of my best friends, who had been a widow for a long time, met her new husband on eHarmony. It was her first day on the site and HIS LAST DAY after trying it for SIX MONTHS. They laugh about it now, of course, so just hang in there, because, as you can see, strange things happen.

Cousin Merle