Tuesday, August 28, 2007

“Seven Out, New Shooter”

My trip to Las Vegas was frigin great! I needed this trip so much.

I left Friday afternoon and flew on Southwest Airlines. I’m not into the whole A B or C thing but it was only a 50 minute flight and figured, what the hell. Got to Vegas, shuttle, and MGM without any issues. I never have been to the MGM before. I booked my room online and got a rather expensive room. I checked in and started my adventure to find the room. When I got off the elevator, I looked down the hallway and thought there must be a mirror at the other end because I could hardly see the end. Of course my room was halfway. SO after about 30 min of walking (ok, only like 2 or 3…) I got to my room. I’m on the 8th floor so I figure I should have a nice view, right. Imagine my surprise when I opened the window and saw my great view of….. a wall. No shit. A huge frigin wall! You would think they would tell you something when you book the room. That particular section of that particular side is the only one that is right up against another building with no view. I thought about it for a few minutes and thought that I didn’t come to vegas to sit in my room. Next time, I’m calling and making sure I get what I’m expecting to get. I would recommend the same for anyone else planning on going.


I was hungry and decided to have a quick bit to eat. Went down stairs and had a BLT. $20.00. When I asked to substitute the fries for fruit he said that would be extra. Imagine how I felt by now… I paid top dollar for a room with the view of a wall and now they want more money for frigin Fruit?! I skipped the fruit and decided I wouldn’t be eating here for the rest of the weekend.


It sounds so far like I didn’t have a great time. But I actually did. I went to gamble. I like to play craps. I played a total of about 10 – 15 hours over Friday and Saturday. I was ahead all the way to late Saturday night. Then I did something your not supposed to do, changed my betting style. Oh NO!!!! yes, I did… See, I usually put Come bets to move to the points while the marker is On. Then I put odds on the bet on the point. It takes awhile to get all the Come bets to get on all the numbers except for the Point before the shooter craps out. Then I learned that place bets are not bought bets. The return smaller odds than the Come bets but you can put your money on the points. So let me show you the math. At a $10 table I can start out with $85 on the table if the point is 8 or 6. After hearing the dealer shout, “Seven Out, New Shooter!” a few times, I found myself down. I had to dig into my pocket for another 100 just to try and get back what I started with. When all was said and done, I left the weekend down $275. I think that isn’t too bad and I still had a great time.


Well that’s all for now, I just wanted to share my trip with everyone. I’ll write more this week. Key Cat is not doing well…

No comments: