Saturday, August 11, 2007

Routine

Up until now I do my best to get through each day. Until recently, my life has been mostly spent re-acting to things rather that acting to things. Meaning I never seem to have the initiative on each day. I get up go to work and deal with what is given me. I come home and deal with what I feel or think that day. But I can't seem to get into a rhythm of life. Carol was good at that. She had a routine of things that needed to get done and she seemed to always get them done. Me on the other and, can't seem to get anything going on a regular basis.

I suppose a part of the problem is that I'm inherently lazy with a slight case of the procrastination. The thing about grief is whatever issues you had before the loss will still be waiting for you when you start to get through things. So here I am now and my character flaws are still here. Not only do I have to learn to a new way of life, I still have to work on my underlining issues that where there before Carol died.

So, How does one do that? Start a routine that is.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kelly,

Unfortunately, there are only two words for a procrastinator of the first order as you profess to be: a list! People like Carol, who are naturally efficient, keep their lists in their heads, and seem to be born to it. The rest of the world must use lists to keep themselves from slacking off into DISORDER and CHAOS! I'm adding a little drama to keep August from being too boring, although as it has turned out, it's anything but!

Once your list becomes routine, you won't have to refer to it anymore. Another step forward. Hooray!

Cousin Merle

Anonymous said...

Forget the list, unless you are out shopping or running errands. Look around the house a little each day and see what needs to be done. Junk on the floor you are triping over??? Vaccuum, white and gray fluffy stuff on the tables? dust, no dishes?? run the dishwasher. this isn't rocket science and you only have to answer to the cats about how the house looks. You will get it done. Oh yea last one, naked at work???? WASH THE CLOTHES!!!!!!!
you will make it through this too.
Carrie aka: lazy, procrastinator and damn proud of it!!!!!!