Wednesday, August 15, 2007

...happy birthday?

I wasn’t going to say anything and let the day go buy quietly without any fan fair. But Carol loved my birthday. She always made a big deal out of it. She knew I didn’t care and loved that in annoyed the hell out of me. It would give her the giggles. Today is also 5 months since she died. I’m at work. So far so good. I’m a bit shaky but that is to be expected. I don’t feel like I’m floundering in an open ocean with no land in sight. Just sad.

I’m looking forward to Vegas. I want to relax Saturday by the pool, read a book, maybe get a massage (the real kind). Friday I’ll walk around a bit. Listen to some music. Saturday night is where I’ll get down to some serious gambling. I like to play craps so I expect to be spending some time at the table. I’m thinking of pay some Texas Hold’m newbie tax. Meaning, I don’t know what the hell I’m doing but want to try and play because I love to watch it on TV. Because I don’t know what I’m doing, I’m sure I’m going to not do well. But I just have to give it a shot. It’s Vegas right?

I have another post I’m going to make today so check back in at the end of the day.

For all the people out there that have sent prayers my way, I thank you from the bottom of my heart. It might have made a difference…

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to you, dear Kelly. I imagine your angel is sitting on your shoulder today.

xo, Kim

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Kelly! You neglected to give your NEW age (senility setting in already???). Whatever it is, I hope you are looking forward to a year of possiblilties and personal peace.
Carol is surely smiling down on you today!
Carrie

Anonymous said...

Hi Kelly,

A very happy birthday to you. Wishing you the gifts of new expectations and plans for the future, along with a little luck in Vegas, for your birthday. Blow out your candles and wish for continued healing through the weeks and months to come.

Cousin Merle

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Kelly...

If you win, you can buy dinner. If you lose, I'll buy dinner. Either way we'll both be eating! Hope your day was good enough.

Love ya,
Cambria