Monday, August 6, 2007

Compelled

I am amazed at the different people from all over the world who are coming to visit this blog. In a way I feel compelled to write something each day. However that would take away what I think brings people here, genuineness. I am not writing ‘for’ people but ‘to’ people about my journey. I try to be as detailed and explicit as I can without compromising other people’s privacy. I try not to hold back my feelings, emotions, or thoughts. Also, I’d like to think this is not a wall to splatter self-pity on. This tragic loss has devastated my foundation as a person and my identity. I recently told a friend that people die everyday. For each person who dies, there are many left behind to morn. If you think about it, at any given moment, half the population of the world is morning the death of a loved one. That means most of humanity spends most of its time grieving the death of others. It’s strange that grief, as a solitary event, is experience by so many people at any given moment…

On a happier note, August has continued to be kind to me. Nothing major has occurred that is of blog worthy to write about. I hope all is well for everyone.

kel

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kelly,

August continues... An old friend died yesterday. She loved her gin on the rocks and to hug and kiss you when she saw you. A good life ended. Sarah continues to wait for Logan's birth at the end of the month, our first baby in the family in 24 years. Life does continue on. The ebb and flow of life, always the same somehow. Glad your August continues uneventful...

Cousin Merle

Anonymous said...

As people pass from this world, another comes in to take their place. 10 years ago I lost my Grandpa and even though I am still sad about his passing, I am so excited to become a grandma myself. Try to think more and more about life and happy changes that come with it, focus on good times and happy memories that will shield you from the sad ones.
Continue to enjoy your August.
Carrie

Anonymous said...

Hey Kelly,

Could this be a visit into the "acceptance" phase of it all? Notice I said a "visit" not quite taking up permanent residency just yet. Going to work, coming home, eating dinner, watching tv... these are the foundation of this new life you are living. Eventually, you will add to that excitement, joy, laughter and all of the other things that come as a natural result of one taking the time necessary to grieve. Running around like a madman served a purpose... but this feels more... what was the word you just used???? Genuine.
Still love you,
Cambria