Saturday, December 15, 2007

South Coast Divers

I tried to go diving again today. God hates me or is having fun messing with me. I finally got to go down on a Saturday to dive with a group that claims to be very helpful to new divers. (bet you can see where this is going...) I show up and meet one guy, nice. After awhile a few more show up until there is about 8. Then we all take off for the beach. Same place as before. Auhhh!

I park and start to get my stuff ready. I notice that everyone seems to be able to do everything by themselves. I need help with my suit so I go over and ask someone to help. He didn't seem like he wanted to and when he pulled the zipper, it jammed. It jammed hard. I tired to fix it but it looked like I was going to have to take everything off. By then everyone was done and getting ready to go dive. Then the all left me. It took awhile and after I used my knife to cut the fabric it came unjammed. The suit I have is hard to get into and hard to get out of. So I sat there, all alone, and thought what should I do? If I go through all that again, I still need someone to help me zip it. Then I walked down the stairs and what if they started diving? I can't go in alone and if I did find them, I would only be able to stay down as long as my buddy's air which would be less than mine. So I put my pants and shirt on and walked down the steps. I guess they waited for me in the ocean and when they saw I did not have gear on, dove under the water. I sat and waited for them to come out and see if I could get help with the second dive. But when they came out they said they were done for the day.

shit

Maybe next Saturday. I have another class next Saturday and if it don't rain, I have a good chance of getting to dive.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What the heck is wrong with those people?! They should remove the "helpful to new divers" from whatever else they say about their group. Bah!

Shan