Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Carol’s Birthday

Today is/was Carol’s birthday. She would have been 46. Knowing her she would have been very very happy to have another birthday but would not have been happy at all at being 46.

In other news, for the first time in 6 years my cholesterol has finally lowered to normal levels. Carol was always trying to get it to go down for me. Diets and stuff. But it never did. I went and had blood work done to see how it is doing. I guess losing weight and exercise has helped. When I found out I was so happy but then was sad that I had no one to share it with who would really care. I’m sure people are like “Oh yeah! That’s good news.” But I know that Carol would have been giggly happy about it. I miss having someone to share moments like that with.

I’ve had friends send me private emails and have with tact and compassion, reminded me of my situation and that some things are best to leave as fantasy and some things are best to keep in your life because they provide a means to aahhhh… eat?

So for now, I’ll just dream.

Kel

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kelly,

Good decision; eating's good. Plan to provide for that in your budget for years to come.

This is the second time I didn't buy Carol a birthday card; just said "Happy Birthday, Cousin," in my heart.

Cousin Merle