Friday, October 5, 2007

I’m a Diver

I did it. I went down yesterday and bought all my diver gear for diving. I have a tune up class scheduled for Sat and then I start taking courses for Advanced Open Water diving. I bought two tanks so I won’t have to rent any when I decide to go dive. I am fully self contained for diving. I’m really looking forward to diving at night during the week and during the weekends. I’ll get to meet a lot of people who enjoy diving also.

I spent more than I thought I would spend but still half of what I was going to spend learning to fly. I still might learn to fly but want to just focus on one thing for now. Diving seems better for me because it is a social activity that has me around people. Flying is a solo activity at first then I can have one person join. But I still thought it best to be around more than one person. When I was getting each item, I could hear Carol’s voice and big sigh as I would decide to get the best of something. She always thought I was a sucker for sales people. I am. The way I look at it is I’m getting a few things that are the best and won’t have to decide later that the low end just won’t do what I need then go and pay more for what I do need. I think I’m coming out ahead. Some of the things I got will last a very long time. That means I only had to pay once for something over 5 or 10 years.

I’ll let everyone know how I do on Saturday. I’ll see if I can ask them to take a picture of me and then I’ll put it up here.

Kel

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How exciting! Corey learned how to snorkel this summer at camp and he's saving right now for an underwater camera. He'd love to learn SCUBA, but it's not in his cards right now. Maybe when you've got a few dives under your belt you could tell him (us) about it.

Woohoo for diving,

Shan :+)

Anonymous said...

Kelly,
Better you than me on the flying and the diving, although I love the ocean... from up top! :)

Grateful to be part of this joy and excitement you've posted.

Can't wait to see the pix.
Love ya,
Cambria

Anonymous said...

glad to hear you have a new adventure to look forward to, it makes life worth living. I snorkeled in Hawaii and really loved it. Enjoy your time "Under the Sea" and say hi to Nemo for me!

Have a great time!
Carrie