Thursday, June 21, 2007

Balcony View of the Bay

San Diego Sucked! There I got it out. I think that’s going to happen a lot and I should just start getting used to it. I attended and event that was very poorly run and organized. They basically made you feel like you owed it to them to given them your money.

San Diego Rocked! There, I said it. I think I should be grateful for moments like this that come along. I got to see some old friends and spend some quality time with them. I got to meet some new friends that I plan on seeing in a few weeks. I'm so grateful I took a friend with me this time. We spent quite a bit of time just hanging out on the balcony over looking San Diego Bay. The weather was perfect. We would just sit and relax or talk.

Isn’t grief wonderful?

Tomorrow I attend a Grief Recovery Workshop in Sherman Oaks. I signed up during my period of depression. I was desperate to try anything. I’m feeling better now and thought about canceling. Wouldn’t you know it they have a very hard core cancellation policy. I guess when you’re in the business to work with people in grief, you learn to cover your ass. I talked to my counselor here at work about dropping it and he said quite strongly, “No.” So I’ll take direction and stay the course. It starts tomorrow at 8:30am. I get to drive through LA Traffic Hell. I plan on leaving around 5ish and get there early. Sat and Sun I’ll take the bike as traffic should be better.

There you have it. I’m still here and taking it one day at a time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kelly-ok that place would feak me out as well and Ive lost 3 family members and I've been an orhpan for almost 10 yrs now. Hey look you can find help. Do what makes you comfortable.
I dont think your a wuss.