Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Numb Viloent Acts still leave a Mark

Kitty came home on Saturday. Monday was my first day of giving her an IV treatment. As you can imagine it brought back memories of Carol. The IV line and stuff. The needle looks kind big and intimidating. On Saturday at the Vets the did the treatment and for the most part she just sat there and didn't fuss too much. For me though I was not so fortunate. Today was her third IV. It did not go well. She fought me very hard and bit me. I had to stick the needle in twice cause she fought so hard I had to hold her down and the it came out. Now she hides from me in fear. I can't even get her to come out for food. Some people said they would help but have never called to come over to help. I understand, this is my problem. The problem is I'm not even half way through the treatments. We still have a lot more violent acts to dance together with. I'm sure when I'm done she will hate me forever. nice...

Kel

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kelly,

Sorry to hear you and Kitty are having a hard time of it right now. We still have stains (permanent) in our carpet from our many go-arounds with Winnie, trying in vain to give her her medications. She mostly won these battles. Good luck with your continuing war of wills with Kitty.

Hope to see you Christmas Eve at Jim's new house.

Cousin Merle

Shan said...

Hey Kel,

That's rough. If I weren't allergic to cats, I'd have helped ya. (Hugged my brother-in-law and his girlfriend... cat owners... and was wheezing minutes later... a bit ridiculous, don't you think?)

As for the people who did offer, perhaps they were waiting to hear that you were ready for some help?

Just a thought...

Hugs,

Shan :+)