Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Single Again

On Monday I had to step up and make the call to someone whom I've been dating to tell her I think it best if we don't see each other as a couple. For privacy reasons I won't go into details. We are still friends and harbor no ill feelings. Sometimes two people know when it's the end of page in a chapter. There is nothing wrong with ending it and turning the page to start a new one.

I don't know why I continue to get into relationships when I know, for now, I'm happy being single. I travel a lot and plan to travel more next year. This puts a burden on two people who are starting out in a relationship. I'm not ready to do the work I need to do to make it successful. Sound selfish and cruel? I hope not.

Kel

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well it sounds like you're taking it really well. That's a good step for you. And it's true...no need to jump in a relationship right now. You are happy with traveling and once you're done with that then you can see where you want to go from there.