Wednesday, April 14, 2010

5 and a Wake-up

It’s been awhile since I wrote. I’ve been busy getting ready to move to Washington State. The house is sold to a nice cute young couple whose parents to one of the buyer’s lives on the street over from me. I’m so happy the house is going to a nice young couple to move into and start a family. Sounds lame but that’s how I feel about it.

It’s been surprisingly easy to throw a lot of stuff out. Not anything like I had felt in the past. I keep a few things here and there but for the most part everything is going. I sold 90% of my house hold stuff to Darcy to have when she moved into her new house. I want to start over in WA with building my own household stuff. Now don’t think I’ve purged everything out my life that reminds me of Carol. Oh no. I have kept a few things here and there that may not mean anything to the casual observer but is priceless to me.

I went online to reserve the truck. That is a scary thing. An action associated with a commitment to actually leave. A day is set. Will I have everything ready?

I have a few things of Carol’s that I want to give to her sister. I’m not sure how to do that. Seems I’ve been cut out of her life and she wants nothing to do with me. I’m fine with that. But not sure how to get a few things to her before I leave that won’t cause a big drama scene. I’d like to avoid that even if it is unhealthy to do so. If anyone from Carol’s family wouldn’t mind storing a few boxes and footlockers for her sister I would be very grateful. If not then I might put it in a storage unit we still have and send the key to her. The problem is I pay a lot for a little storage space and not sure how long I want to keep that up while she puts off getting it out.

So here I am, getting ready to push off and away from California. I’ve been here for 19 years. I’ve been in the Inland Empire for 13 years. Being with Carol were the best years of my life. After 5 and a wake-up, I will leave it all behind me and see where life takes me next.

#1Fan

No comments: