Thursday, July 3, 2008

Must Have/Can't Stand

I'm off to Palm Springs for a few days. I'm going as the third wheel with a couple. My own room of course... It is expected to be around 115 degrees there this weekend. I might get a spa treatment.

The rejections on eHarmony still continue to come but I'm becoming acclimated to them. I have matches that I'm not interested in but don't have the heart to reject or "Close" as they say. I'm not sure how long they stay on there before dropping off. I sent my list of "Must Have/Can't Stand" to the one person I'm been going through the "Guided Communication" with. I'm not sure I like that part though. When I read my "Can't Stands", and the way they word what I say, it makes me sound kinda like a dick.

"I can't stand it when...."
"I can't stand someone who...."

I don't use that language to begin with. I am normally a very tolerant person. If I'm not comfortable with something about someone I try not to use words of absolutes. If it is too much, I simply stop hanging out with them. It's not my job to change others to make me feel better.

So we'll see if I get past this stage. I hope so.

Kel

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kelly,

I don't know, fella. I'm looking at all this sorting and lists and files, and thinking, "What if you've thrown out the one true one..." Everybody's going to be a little irritating, aggravating, and less than a perfect fit sometimes, except maybe a Stepford Wife. Please allow for that in looking over these profiles; it might be a little more interesting, don't ya think?

Cousin Merle

Anonymous said...

I can't stand having to fit into people's little boxes and templates. I must have flexibility in expressing who I am.

I agree with Cousin Merle. Don't leave 5 minutes before...

cbt