Tuesday, April 29, 2008

200 Push-Ups

I remember Carol asking me how many push-ups I could do. It was way back when I was fat and out of shape. I got down and was ashamed I could only do 20. My arms were shaking and I was straining to try and get the last one out. I remember her sitting in the chair shaking her head back and forth saying I need to start getting in shape because when she gets new lungs, she’s going to be able to kick my ass at almost anything.

I have continued to exercise and stay in shape since last May. I don’t get to the gym as often as I want to but I have weights at home that I use ever day. While on travel I do push-ups and sit ups to maintain my health. I am amazed today that I can do 50 push-ups wait, 40, wait, 30, wait, 20, wait, then 10. After 30min I go for one last push for another 50. I just can’t believe I can do that.

Not much of a blog entry but I promised a very good friend I’d post something since it’s been awhile and people like to know what’s going on. My last two posts have been a bit dark and depressing. I told someone the other day that I feel better but I don’t feel good. Is that possible?

Kel

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kelly,

I've heard if you do something consistently for at least six weeks, it becomes a habit. So, I think your exercising is now a good habit you will maintain and enjoy. I know I do and have for the past eight years now. From one former couch potato to another!

Cousin Merle